Thursday, October 1, 2015

September report


Finished or progress in September:

#1: started making more progress on quilting the Swoon!

Finished 2 blocks (one is really a border), in Pat Sloan's BOM.

Finished a back for a mini-quilt.

Finished a Row by Row kit that I received from belonging to a row swap group!

Made cute little scissor holders from a Moda Bake Shop pattern.

Submitted my Star Hope quilt in the Peteetneet Quilt Show, and received 3rd place in Wallhanging category. Whee!!!!!

I nearly have my design wall panels finished. Then hubby needs to drill in hooks to hang them on the wall.

I guess I got more finished than I thought!

Goodnight all !

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Little bits

Finished some parts of things the past few days.

Mystery quilt along:
Finished month 8: Salt Water Taffy border
So cute! I used the last of my two fat quarters of the cute butterfly/dandelion on pale purple (fabric #2 in the fabric palette) to alternate with the background solid.

Finished Month 9: Ferris Wheel block

Tonight, I finished up the backing on the mini-quilt #ModaLove made with a Kate a Spain Solstice mini-charm pack.

These rectangles are what's left after cutting all the charms for the Kate Spain Christmas charm swap. There's mostly Solstice, and the white/red snowflake print is from Jingle, this year's Christmas collection. Then I filled in with spacers of solid red from Legacy Studios. I really really adore Solstice and Jingle prints.

Now I just need to decide if I'm making a mini-quilt for the wall, or a Christmas pillow. It is roughly 20" square.

How do you vote: quilt or pillow?

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Peteetneet Quilt Show 2015


This morning I went to work. On my way home, I met my best friend at the Peteetneet Quilt Show (and had lunch after!).

I was so amazed and pleased to see that my Hope Star received a Third Place ribbon in the Wall Quilt category !

Here's some of my favorites:

This next one took Best in Show!

Here's a cool autumn sampler:

Here's a civil war swap quilt:

I might join a swap like this soon.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

ALYOF-September goal

I honestly have no clue what to set my goal for. I feel like I've got such a mountain of projects that I'll never get through it all.

I haven't even blogged or posted on Facebook, because I've been busy but not progressing much on projects.

However, I still want to finish a project for the Peteetneet Quilt Show this month. I think my best bet for that is still the Swoon.

I better go find out when the quilt show takes entries!

I really want to participate in the Sew Fresh Quilt-Along for Dog Gone Cute! It just started this week. But, we all know how fast I am....the Elephant Parade top and backing are finished, and it still needs layering and quilting!

Monday, August 31, 2015

ALYOF: August report

No, I didn't even get to touch the Swoon quilting.

Yes, I got my mug rugs finished for the swap. They need to get mailed/delivered.

I finished cutting, and started chain piecing, the Pat Sloan BOM August border blocks.

I did a bit more on my Hawaiian appliqué.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Almost mug rugs

Wishing you a happy, restful, peaceful Sunday.

I joined a charm swap group on Facebook this past year. This month, we are having a little swap for mug rugs. 
I have finished piecing and sewing borders on my little mug rugs.

I used the bonus HST from my Pat Sloan 2015 Mystery BOM blocks.

I love how the top left block looks like a flower. Hmmm, now looking at the picture, I think it needs a dark purple border around the flower.
I love the spinner pinwheel and the little Colorado block, too. I love them all!

Sunday, August 2, 2015

ALYOF August 2015 goals

How the heck is it August already, and my birthday next week? I don't get it.

I really fell off the goal-making wagon this year. It's not that I haven't made them; it's just that I keep missing the deadlines for the linky party at SewBittersweetDesigns. Sigh.

My number one goal is to finish quilting the Swoon quilt. Just machine quilting a few of my finished tops, actually. I really want at least one quilt finished to enter my local quilt show in September.

My August to-do list in order of priority and deadline:
1--Cut Kate Spain Christmas charms for the swap. Get them mailed.
2--make mug rugs for the swap (Aug 17)
3--finish quilting the Swoon
4--August Pat Sloan BOM
5--Get my husband to hang my design wall!
6--layer and quilt the baby's star sampler
7-Layer and quilt Sunnyside ModaLove
8--Layer and quilt Elephant Parade
9--make J's bedroom curtains before it gets cold outside

Ok, I know that's a lot, but it's a running list that I need to get done. And that's not all, either. It's not counting all the new projects I want to start.