Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas; winnings

(Update: This was written 12/26/2013, but somehow got posted on my family blog and not my quilting blog. Here ya go.)

Merry Christmas!

Sorry I'm late. I was Santa by myself this year while my hubby was on shift, so I wrapped and set out presents myself. He arrived home Christmas morning and we had a great time helping the boys unwrap their presents. We (I mean Santa), had some great successes with choosing gifts this year.

For me, I was happy to get a bread maker machine. I love kneading homemade bread, but I just can't do it anymore with my wrists. And store-bought bread just doesn't last very long without spoiling anymore.

And I also bought myself a Super Slider for my sewing machine. I'm very excited, because it seems to be helping manage the weight of a quilt by sliding it while I FMQ. But there's still nothing I can do about having only 5-7" of free arm space to quilt with.

Then for me, it was a nap and off to work at the ER for the rest of Christmas night. It sure was busy with lots of sick people!

We took the boys to see Disney's Frozen on Monday. On the way home, we picked up the mail. He handed me an envelope and remarked "It sure seems you're getting lots of envelopes with sewing stuff lately!"
I looked at it and said, "Yup, I've been a bit lucky lately with a few giveaways."

That envelope contained a new Kwik Klip that I won from Christa Quilts! Weekly Giveaways. I'm glad to have a second one, because I can baste with a friend now! And, my first one has been used by little J as a drumstick too many times, and once he stuck it in the handle of his trike. (The wood cracked and the brass tip on the Kwik Klip fell out into the trike handle. My hubby had to saw off the plastic trike handle to get out the brass tip!)

About a month or so ago, I won a copy of Pam and Nicky Lintott's book "More Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts". This one was won from Quilts from My Crayon Box. Pam and Nicky's patterns are fun and creative but easy, and not just straight squares sewn together. It's been fun looking through the projects and thinking of how to use some of the precuts in my small stash.


And then I won a copy of the new "Supernova" pattern by Fabric Seeds. I love that she used Cuzco charms for the cover examples. I just wish I had Cuzco charms to make my own!


And I told you that I was excited to use my Sister Swap gifts for Christmas! Here I am, wearing my cute Loony Tunes Christmas apron, making Christmas cookies with little J on Christmas Eve.


Look at my big 34-week pregnant belly!


I'm grateful for my KitchenAid mixer and the Wilton cookie press I have, because otherwise, it would have been too difficult to make cookies this year. My hubby loves butter cookies, and I like the gingerbread flavors. It's so easy to load up the cookie press and pull the trigger to make cookies.

Goodnight! I'm off to work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment