Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First finish of 2014

Yay!
My first finish of the new year: a cuddle wrap for a coworker's first baby on the way. We're both due just a few days apart, and we're both having boys. I think it's boy season in the ER right now. :-)

I just love whipping out these cozy little wraps for swaddling new babies. There are big curves with minimal cutting, only three pieces, and only a little sewing. I like finishing the edges with bias binding, but the pattern gives instructions for two other easy ways to finish. Now I just need some more fleece for myself and a few other coworkers.


Also, I am really glad that I ordered these cute little personalized "made by" tags from Annie's Catalog. You can't see the embroidery on the tag, there on the right "wing" of the wrap, but they're easy to sew into my project with my name on it.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Too bad I won't be adding more babies to this family or I'd have you make some for me.

    ReplyDelete