Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Autism Awareness Day


My son has autism, so this is my light.

Yesterday, I started cutting up the Pieces of Hope layer cake that I've been saving. Pieces of Hope by Riley Blake is an autism-themed fabric line. Lots of stripes, dots, puzzle pieces, and words of inspiration to describe autism. Each purchase of the fabric donates money to Autism Speaks, the national organization for autism awareness and research.

This layer cake is going towards teacher gifts for my son's teacher and aides.

2 comments:

  1. You will have days that are so wonderful you will question your son's diagnosis, and days when you fear you will never see the final miniute pass. I have walked those paths and days, so if you just need to "be" with me, I will be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiti.
      Will you email me and introduce yourself? Your comment doesn't have an email attached, so I can't reply to you.
      Who is your loved one with Autism?
      reillyr2(at)hotmail(dot)com

      Delete