Monday, July 14, 2014

Tiny progress

July rolls on, and I'm making bits of progress.

Needle turn appliqué is slow and careful with tiny stitches. It's hard to see what I've finished so far, so I've put some markers on the piece in the picture:

One quarter is finished (by the natural-colored spool), plus halfway up one side of another stem (see the tail of thread by the beeswax), and up another stem with one flower almost finished (the scissors are pointing to the thread tail).


I just realized that this Plumeria pattern has 16 leaves, and 60 petals!

I'm not sure how I forgot to mention this, but I finally got all the feeling back in my fingers in April (3 months postpartum). So  what do I go and choose as my first project to do with hand stitching?! 

Very intensive and detailed Hawaiian appliqué!

 And I've discovered that I need to take short breaks because my fingers holding my needle get numb and fuzzy again.

Well, off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Yup, take your time with the hand sewing. If I do too much of it, my hand screams at me, and I've been dealing with the problem for years and years.

    ReplyDelete