Thursday, August 28, 2014

Finally came

My order of fabric finally came from Joann.com. It took 5 days just to process and ship the order, and another week before it arrived!
Last night I washed, dried, and pressed the fabric, and cut out the second square for the Hawaiian-style appliqué. I got a good start on the basting, too.

I also completed all 42 blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. Well, ok, I need to paper-piece the corner posts for the border: four little 4-inch American flag blocks.

I'm not sure what happened with the Missouri Puzzle, or New Mexico as it's sometimes called. It was a block in the library on my Quilt-Pro, so I didn't need to enlarge my pieces. I cut out the pieces according to the Quilt-Pro rotary chart, except I strip-pieces the 9-patches. The whole block turned up about 1" short, even unfinished, as you can see.

Simple fix: I added background strips on two sides, and used my 12 1/2" square-up ruler to make it the correct unfinished size.

I love the Missouri Puzzle block, but no wonder I was leaving it to last, because the sizes of enlarging it to 12" finished just left me guessing.

I seriously don't know what happened with the Winding Ways block: the triangles are seriously practically gathered, and the background pieces are stretched out. This is the extra block, #43, so it's not going in the quilt.


But good news: my little guy started kindergarten this week! So proud of him!







1 comment:

  1. It is good that you are making some progress with a K and baby in the house.

    ReplyDelete