Friday, September 12, 2014

Never Forget 9/11

I'm a day late, I know, but it was just one of those days. I went to work, needy baby, not much sleep.


My brother-in-law, Terry Reilly Jr., gave the keynote address at our city's memorial service. I'm sorry I missed it because I was at work, but my other brother-in-law Jason recorded it on his phone and posted it to Facebook. His address was well done, and it was very appropriate as he admonished us to Never Forget. 


Never Forget the sacrifices of the firefighters, police, Port Authority, and pilots, and all other rescue workers, and all the civilians who lost their lives in the attack of the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Never Forget the additional sickness and death that has occurred and continues to occur, since then, as the rescue workers have developed cancer and other sicknesses and died from their service in the rubble. Never Forget the soldiers who have served and are serving now.


If you remember, my husband is from New York, and his first memory was going to the fire station across the street from his home with his dad, the firefighter. His father and brother were friends with, and trained, several of the firefighters that died in the collapse of the towers. It is a very special and sobering Remembrance Day in our family.


My husband Wayne in blue firefighter, his younger brother Jason in his dispatcher uniform, and brother Terry Jr in his police uniform. 

No comments:

Post a Comment